[WikiEN-l] I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 05:19:25 UTC 2004

Erik wrote:
>He is needed to allow us instant tempbans in case this
>particular policy is violated, which I think would be a
>useful option to have. There is almost no ambiguity
>in edit wars.

What punishment to invoke is a separate matter from the policy - yes. But we
need to establish the policy first before we can punish people for violating
it. There are now 30 in favor and 8 against the rule = 79% in favor. Assuming
nobody votes against it, we still need two more votes in favor of the rule to
reach 80%.

But a policy without teeth is a bit useless. I agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:How_to_revert_a_page_to_an_earlier_version#Revert_wars_considered_harmful

-- mav