[WikiEN-l] I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 03:52:29 UTC 2004

Erik wrote:
>I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jimbo needs to
>officially sanction our revert policy and sysops should
>be allowed to ban users for 24 hours if they violate it.

IMO, Jimbo isn't needed to sanction all policies. Most are developed by
consensus on Wikipedia itself.

There does seem to be very wide general support for this 'rule to consider'.
See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:How_to_revert_a_page_to_an_earlier_version#Revert_wars_considered_harmful

So far there are 27 people supporting this rule and 8 against. That comes to
~77% in favor of the rule by my calculation. For polling purposes, we consider
80% to be consensus and thus binding, no?

Thus all we may need to make this policy is a vote or two more in favor of the
rule.

I encourage everybody to consider this issue and vote their conscience.

--mav