[WikiEN-l] I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 23 02:37:03 UTC 2004

At 01:14 AM 2/23/2004 +0000, Allan Crossman wrote:

> > I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jimbo needs to
> > officially sanction our revert policy and sysops should be allowed
> > to ban users for 24 hours if they violate it.
>
>After all I've laid out - you want to ban him for a mere 24 hours?

Hopefully that means _every_ time they violate it.

I wouldn't exactly say I'm mad as hell, but I'm certainly nonplussed over
how the Wikipedia system bends so far over backwards to be "nice" to
incorrigibly disruptive people like this. Surely at some point the "cost"
in driving away other contributors who can't stand working with them must
be outweighing the "benefit" of making sure we don't accidentally ban
participants who could potentially be valuable contributors some time down
the road? Not to mention the sheer amount of work some of these users
create in cleaning up after them.