[WikiEN-l] Preservation of context.

Plautus Satire plautus at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 18 21:22:30 UTC 2004

It seems there is a proven effective tactic that was used once already to get me banned and is now being used again. Evercat is insisting that I must preserve all the context in every message on every talk page when I insert material. I must not only defend my own positions now but also protect and defend the positions of others. I have had many posts broken up by the responses from others. Do I have a right to reversion all of their edits then ask for their immediate banning if in ten minutes they are still trying to put THEIR OWN COMMENTS in context?

I really despise having to appeal to the masses just to use wikipedia as any other person is doing right at this very moment. Having to continually and constantly defend each and every single edit, no matter how trivial, is really tiresome. What is causing all "the problems" on wikipedia? Is it people like me? Or is it the frustration I'm sure many have endured of being banned and moderated for hurting somebody's feelings with the truth?

Honestly I have to say if the sorts Evercat is complaining about are bannable offenses, Evercat, show your evidence here. Let us all see what you're so uptight about, before you get me banned again.