[WikiEN-l] Reversion Wars and Point of View

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Fri Feb 20 11:32:51 UTC 2004

This matter is partially before the arbitration committee with respect to
RickK. I question whether anything can be done with respect to this sort of
situation (which you, 172, and I have also sometimes been in). There is at
present no rule regarding reversions, however extensive, simply a proposed
rule of 3. Likewise advocacy of a right or left wing cultural and political
point of view is common among a number of Wikipedia editors including
ourselves. I fear that to a certain extent this is simply monkey see, monkey
do.

I suggest that the solution to the general problem is to made an actually
enforceable rule regarding repeated reversions. An additional issue is to
insist that an article which falls along a left-right cultural and political
spectrum include material which authentically sets forth both viewpoints.

Fred