[WikiEN-l] Fair use in the UK

Optim optim81 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 23:47:54 UTC 2004

I am against the use of "fair use" images and
other material.

Whenever I use Wikipedia I want to be sure that I
can redistribute and modify any content I find in
it under the terms of GFDL.

So a ban on fair use material seems reasonable
and desired to me.

Perhaps we could divide the English Wikipedia in
an "American Wikipedia" and an "International
Wikipedia" (or "Pure GFDL Wikipedia") where the
American edition would allow fair use material
and the International edition would be just a
copy (done automatically by software) without
fair use material (software should have a
checkbox "Fair use" in the Upload function so the
copy routine would just copy all content not
marked as "Fair use").

--Optim