[WikiEN-l] What's the rush? Let's talk (was: The Block Log)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Feb 18 15:57:42 UTC 2004

Wik,

Sorry to discuss you behind your back if you don't read this list.

But, here goes:

Wik has been a pest for a long time, and we put up with him for a long
time too. Then we suddenly changed the rules (see M & A Committees).

On top of that, the Developers gave all sysops the ability to temp-ban
signed-in users -- but no community consensus emerged about the
"authority" to use that "power".

To make it worse, just as the committees were getting started, a troll
sneaked in and stirred things up (hint: his username was an anagram of
the phrase "is a troll").

I don't know if this is how government arises in the real world, but I'm
hoping we can have some discussion on this mailing list and try to come
to a consensus on how we will work together on our two main goals:

* Make a free, accurate, neutral encyclopedia
* Provide a pleasant working environment for contributors

Ed Poor