[WikiEN-l] The Block Log

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Feb 17 21:23:11 UTC 2004

Poor, Edmund W wrote:

>Whenever I've blocked someone (other than anonymous IP) or taken any
>other unilateral action, I've always immediately reported it to this
>mailing list.
>
>Then I've sat back and waited to see what others thought. And if the
>consensus went against me, I bowed to the collective will.
>
>A lot of these hasty blocks seem to have sneaked in under the tent flap.

Sorry Ed, but we can't use nostalgia as a valid argument.  When I first
joined you would feel obliged to take a sabbatical whenever someone
objected to your blocking someone.  But times have changed; that's
progress, and you can't stop progress.  "Everybody"'s armed now.  Why
bother sneaking under the tent flap, when you can slash a hole in the
back of the tent with your machete.

Ec