[WikiEN-l] And what do we do now ?

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Feb 17 15:42:32 UTC 2004

Anthere a ecrit:

> To me, it looks like we always forget to thank those who did good
> things, but very well remember to spank the ones who appeared to have
> failed, while they tried to make a point.
>
> And what do we do now ?
>
> Yes, I had good holidays :-)

I'm glad you had a good holiday. I watched "Anger Management" /twice/
and read a book on conflict resolution.

The leader of my church, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, says that if we see
that someone has made a mistake we should take responsibility for it
ourself and fix it SEVEN TIMES, before saying anything to them about
it.

I have tried to apply this rule at Wikipedia. For example, if someone
deletes a new page which contains only graffiti or a "What's this"
question, I take 5 or 10 minutes with Google to research the deleted
topic, undelete it, and put a nice stub in its place. I try to keep
count, but it's easy to lose track. So I might do this more than 7
times quietly. After the count of seven, I often suggest to another
sysop that they make a stub instead of just deleting the page.

Ed Poor
Unificationist since 1977