[WikiEN-l] Desysop Morwen

anti anti anticapi at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 22:02:07 UTC 2004

>From: Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com>
>To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Desysop Morwen
>Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:19:19 -0800
>
>I'm only joking, so no one take me too seriously here, but I think
>writing an ALLCAPS LETTER DEMANDING IMMEDIATE ACTION is a bannable
>offense in and of itself.
>
>It's very difficult to imagine that this person is really serious, or
>just trying to be a pain in the ass.  No one needs to apologize for
>disregarding completely lunatic positions.
>
>Anticapitalist, Wikipedia is not anticapitalist.  It's an
>encyclopedia.  Canon is a famous company, and it is therefore
>deserving of an encyclopedia article.
>
>--Jimbo
>
>anti anti wrote:
>
> > PLEASE DESYSOP MORWEN!
> >
> > MARWEN BANNED ME WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION WHEN I USED THE VOTES FOR
>DELETION
> > PAGE TO VOTE FOR THE DELETION OF A BUSINESS ADVERTISEMENT PAGE IN
> > WIKIPEDIA.
> >
> > ADVERTISEMENTS SHOULD BE DELETED IN WIKIPIDIA. WHY AN ENCYCLOPEDIA NEEDS
> > PAGES ON FOR-PROFIT COMPANIES?
> >
> > WIKI IS NOT YELLOW PAGES. IT IS AN ENCYCLOPEDIA. THOSE WHO WANT TO FIND
> > COMPANY AND LEARN ABOUT IT CAN VISIT ITS WEBSITE AND READ THEIR
>PROPAGANDA.
> >
> > ANTICAPITALIST

SO WE, THE WIKIPEDIANS, DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO WRITE IN OUR FAVORITE
WRITING STYLE??

COMMERCIALIZATION SUCKS.

IF YOU STILL WANNA ADVERTISEMENTS IN WIKI, EACH COMPANY ARTICLE MUST HAVE A
SECTION NAMED "OPPOSING VIEWS" WITH LINKS TO ARTICLES LIKE
[[ANTI-CAPITALISM]], [[ANARCHISM]] ETC!!! SO THE PEOPLE CAN KNOW THE TRUTH

ANTICAPITALIST