[WikiEN-l] Desysop Morwen

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Sat Feb 14 21:22:54 UTC 2004

anti anti wrote:

> PLEASE DESYSOP MORWEN!
>
> MARWEN BANNED ME WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION WHEN I USED THE VOTES FOR
> DELETION PAGE TO VOTE FOR THE DELETION OF A BUSINESS ADVERTISEMENT
> PAGE IN WIKIPEDIA.
>
> ADVERTISEMENTS SHOULD BE DELETED IN WIKIPIDIA. WHY AN ENCYCLOPEDIA
> NEEDS PAGES ON FOR-PROFIT COMPANIES?
>
> WIKI IS NOT YELLOW PAGES. IT IS AN ENCYCLOPEDIA. THOSE WHO WANT TO
> FIND A COMPANY AND LEARN ABOUT IT CAN VISIT ITS WEBSITE AND READ THEIR
> PROPAGANDA.

Just to add information: by the tone and content of this post and the
sorts of articles he was "removing advertisements" from, this is almost
certainly the same user that has been blocked so far under 2 or 3
different IPs, one of them an anonymizing proxy (207.44.154.35).  The
edit summaries are usually all caps and somewhat abusive, along the
lines of "THE WIKIPEDIA RULES SAY NO FUCKING COMMERCIALIZATION! STOP
PUTTING IT IN ASSHOLES!" (from [[Atlantic City, New Jersey]]).

-Mark