[WikiEN-l] Are things getting worse?

Ruimu ruimu at uestc.edu.cn
Sat Feb 14 20:57:10 UTC 2004

Jimbo:
> > What can we all do to build a sense of love and harmony?

Erik:
> What we always do: Refine our processes. It's a delicate balance. If you
> have too many rules, people feel constrained by them, which causes
> unhappiness. If you have too few, people disagree about interpreting them,
> which causes conflict. Right now I think we can deal with a little more
> unhappiness if it gives us a little less conflict.

Wikipedia as a mod for civ3 :-) (But I'm not sure at all that adding rules
will result in easyer interpretations of them.)

Your point that wp could have reached a kind of critic mass is
interesting. An idea to avoid endless conflicts on words could be to launch
exiting new projects or to open up new fields of knowledge that are not
currently in focus (if any).