[WikiEN-l] Desysop Morwen

Abigail Brady morwen at evilmagic.org
Sat Feb 14 20:49:36 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 20:33, anti anti wrote:
> PLEASE DESYSOP MORWEN!
>
> MARWEN BANNED ME WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION WHEN I USED THE VOTES FOR DELETION
> PAGE TO VOTE FOR THE DELETION OF A BUSINESS ADVERTISEMENT PAGE IN WIKIPEDIA.
>
> ADVERTISEMENTS SHOULD BE DELETED IN WIKIPIDIA. WHY AN ENCYCLOPEDIA NEEDS
> PAGES ON FOR-PROFIT COMPANIES?
>
> WIKI IS NOT YELLOW PAGES. IT IS AN ENCYCLOPEDIA. THOSE WHO WANT TO FIND A
> COMPANY AND LEARN ABOUT IT CAN VISIT ITS WEBSITE AND READ THEIR PROPAGANDA.
>
> ANTICAPITALIST

The 'Anticapitalist' is referring to [[Canon (company)]], which they
repeatedly blanked and replaced with 'Please delete this advertisement!
wikipidia is not yellow pages! wikipedia is encyclopedia!'.

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Canon_(company)&action=history

I'm not sure this contributor is a vandal - they might just be seriously
deranged, either way I am confident I acted properly.

--
Abi