[WikiEN-l] wik is back

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 20:00:09 UTC 2004

Erik said:
>The easiest and most effective thing to do is for Jimbo to
>officially authorize the "three revert rule". More than three
>reverts on the same page per day and you're out for at
>least one day -- no need for either mediation or arbitration.

I very *very* strongly endorse such a policy (IMO it should be 3 reverts in the
same dispute, not just the same day).

Some talk on the issue:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Edit_war#Edit_and_Revert_wars_getting_out_of_hand

A vote on the issue:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:How_to_revert_a_page_to_an_earlier_version

So far it is 16 in favor and 5 against (Wik of course is listed as against).

I think that this is such an important rule that I understand why some would
consider putting their sysop status on the line for it.

--mav