[WikiEN-l] Arbitration progress report #5

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 14:39:54 UTC 2004

Hi all

So, we've got some limited agreement on the thorny issue of Transparency, and
we're moving on to discussing how folks will make Requests of us (in the future,
after this temporary Jimbo-based session).

1) We plan to take evidence in public, but reserve the right to take some evidence in
private in exceptional circumstances.

2) Each arbitrator will make their own decision about how much personal information
about themselves they are willing to share, both publically, and with the rest of the
committee.

3) Arbitrators with multiple accounts on Wikipedia will disclose the usernames of
those accounts to the rest of the committee, but are not required to disclose them
publically.

4) Initially, we will keep our deliberations private, based on a semi-formal vote
amongst arbitrators. However, both Fred Bauder and The Cunctator have expressed
strong distaste for this option, so the arbitrators are far from unanimous on this point.

5) We will make the rationale for all our decisions public, based upon our private
deliberations.

-Martin