[WikiEN-l] OneVoice

Charles Podles charlespodles at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 13 21:30:49 UTC 2004

zero 0000 wrote:

>Something really has to be done about OneVoice.  The guy is an
>absolute curse on Wikipedia.  Look at [[Thomas Hurndall]].
>OneVoice put in a totally false report from an illegal radio
>station whose operators were recently sentenced to prison terms
>in Israel for perjury, then he keeps reverting to it even though
>the correct version of the story now carries citations to all of
>these:

For what it's worth, OneVoice has admitted that he was wrong in this
case; see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikiproject:Arab-Israeli_conflict/Oasis

In this case I think he simply didn't understand why Zero (quite
rightly) objected
to the wording of the Arutz Sheva report, which erroneously claimed that
the
soldier was "convicted of manslaughter" rather than the correct phrase
"the charges
were upgraded to manslaughter" -- and to be fair, Zero didn't explain
this, though
the difference between "charged" and "convicted" should have been
readily apparent.

--Charles (en:user:Mirv)