[WikiEN-l] Re: And -- every -- single -- one -- of -- them -- is -- right!

Daniel P.B.Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Fri Feb 13 02:43:53 UTC 2004

> From: Gareth Owen <wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk>
> Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> writes:
>>> I see. And where is this world where issues are black and white and
>>> values
>>> absolute???
>>
>> In the heart of any honorable person.
>
> And every in single one of them,
> the definition as to what is black and what is white is different.

      Still the world is wondrous large, -- seven seas from marge to
marge, --
       And it holds a vast of various kinds of man;
      And the wildest dreams of Kew are the facts of Khatmandhu,
       And the crimes of Clapham chaste in Martaban.

      Here's my wisdom for your use, as I learned it when the moose
       And the reindeer roared where Paris roars to-night: --
      There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays,
       And -- every -- single -- one -- of -- them -- is -- right!

        --Rudyard Kipling, "In the Neolithic Age"

--
Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at world.std.com alternate:
dpbsmith at alum.mit.edu
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/