[WikiEN-l] Relativism and PC (was: The integrity of Wikipedia)

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Feb 12 20:04:24 UTC 2004

On 02/12/04 17:33, Poor, Edmund W wrote:

> Anyway, the PC article could use a little work. It needs a balance
> between liberal and conservative views of PC-ness. Liberals mostly deny
> that PC even exists, so it might be tricky. I guess the best strategy is
> to quote conservatives a lot, then wait for other contributors to
> provide the liberal rebuttal. But I don't relish wading into that swamp.

And US and non-US views. Are you sure you've picked the right dichotomy?

(Speaking as a wet lefty Economist^WGuardian-reading It's Grim Up North
London social democrat, I remember when the term was invented, and don't
understand this assertion that "Liberals mostly deny that PC even exists,"
since if it's false in my existence you must be deluded. Perhaps it's the
case in some weirdarse country I have never been to.)

- d.