[WikiEN-l] The integrity of Wikipedia

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 16:26:21 UTC 2004

I agree 100% with Fred.  172 is in the process of whitewashing the bio of every dictator who has ever lived.  Robert Mugabe is being portrayed as a victim of colonial oppression, he's never done anything bad in his life, apparently.  The only person on Wikipedia who seems to have ever done anything wrong in Hitler, and I'm surprised we haven't let Nazis come in and make him out to be a hero.  After all, saying that he's responsible for the deaths of millions of people is POV.

RickK

Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
In our efforts to be politically correct we are unable to describe al-Qaeda
as a terrorist organization or East Germany as a totalitarian regime. Thus
we distort reality and drift off into a fantastic world where there is no
black and white, no values and ultimately a rather poor encyclopedia that
can't be trusted.

Fred