[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 7, Issue 19

Dan Miller meelar2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 20:50:44 UTC 2004

[snip]
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "anything".
Certainly you
can
see whether the picture depicts a person, a building,
a bridge, or
whatever. Together with the thumbnail caption, it
should give you an
idea of what it is (e.g. "Alan Turing", "Golden Gate
Bridge", "UN
Headquarters", etc.). So if you're interested in it,
you click it to
see
the big picture.
[endsnip]

I disagree.  People (myself included) are lazy
readers; most won't bother to take the time to click
on an image.  I understand the complaints of dialup
users, but I think the suggestion about different
preferences (e.g. "graphics" vs. "no graphics", if
thumbnails aren't an option) would work better.  There
are plenty of times when it's_useful_to look at the
picture, but I won't bother to click on a separate
link.
Meelar