[WikiEN-l] Feature request: hide "Save" button for newbies

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Feb 10 18:36:36 UTC 2004

Christopher Mahan wrote:

>--- "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:
>[Re: hiding save button]
>
>>We can try the experiment for a couple of weeks, and see if it has
>>good
>>effects. What do you say?
>>
>I'm not sure about that one. The purpose of the preview button is to
>preview, not a step toward saving.

I confess that I often save without preview.

>I don't think bots will like it.

Bots only remain newbies for a very short time.  In less than a minute
they can acquire enough edit history to graduate them from newbydom. :-)

>Trolls live in caves, remember, and hate sunlight. Don't give them
>any place to hide and shine the light everywhere.

It depends what derivation of troll your using.  In their most common
usages the noun and verb have completely different etymologies.  When we
refer to the verb their work is done on the open ocean.

The two etymologies do have another point of convergence  The Nordic
troll through the Germanic gave rise to the word "trull"; the Old
English sense of turning, revolving or even the musical singing of
successive parts of a drinking song eventually gave rise to the word
"trollop".

This is trolling at its most feminized. ;-)

Ec