[WikiEN-l] Re: Known Trolls

Imran Ghory imran at bits.bris.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 12:24:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Sheldon Rampton wrote:
> of reward for GOOD behavior. Suppose, for example, we had a system
> where other users could rate our contributions, and the more positive
> your cumulative rating, the less scrutiny your edits are likely to
> receive from vandal-watchers.

I think an automated system like that is going to be vulnerable to people
working out ways to do it. Another possibility is to use a web of trust,
that is each user builds a list of users that they personally trust on
which they could include users directly (saying I trust this user) or
indirectly (I trust everyone who user X trusts), and then people could
filter recent changes removing only those that they trust.

The obvious downside is that it would take a lot of processing which is
probably something we want to avoid at least in the immediate future.

Imran
--
http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran