[WikiEN-l] Editor's forum?

Rich Holton rich_holton at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 00:39:15 UTC 2004

I have been mulling over an idea, and I'm hoping for
some feedback...

I have, several times, come across pages on Wikipedia
where there is a problem, but I don't know the
solution. This sort of thing could include:

* A conflict of fact within the article, where I don't
know which is correct.
* A link that needs disambiguating, but I can't figure
out which is the correct page.
* An important sentence that is written ambiguously,
but I don't know which sense is correct.

You get the idea...

What I don't want to do is ignore the problem. On the
other hand, I'm unconvinced that leaving a note on the
talk page will, in all cases, get the attention needed
(I'm not sure, but I'd guess that there are a lot of
pages that no one has on their watchlist).

This doesn't really seem to fit the
[[Wikipedia:Cleanup|]] profile, which seems to be
primarily used for listing pages in need of
improvement for NPOV, wikification, grammar, etc. I
suppose there could be some overlap, but Cleanup is
overloaded anyway.

My idea is to create a page called
[[Wikipedia:Editor's forum]] (or
whatever...suggestions welcome) that would be a place
to mention this sort of issue. I see the page working
in a fashion similar to Cleanup.

So, any comments?

-Rich Holton (a.k.a Anthropos)