[WikiEN-l] Wikivacation

Ira Stoll irastoll at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:08:26 UTC 2004

I am going to take a wikivacation. Things havn't been nice here for awhile,
and now that I have changed my name (and incidentally made a rather stupid
mistake involving angela) I think it is great timing for me to take a
vacation from all the name calling and hostility. I think the power
structure here is broken, and that the admins are out of control. I don't
think the admin position is helpful in its present state. Power corrupts,
and to be frank, I think most of the trolls on the wiki ARE admins. Anyways,
lets hope that when I come back, things will be loads better, and it will be
a magical place of smiles and reference checking, instead of wikipolitics,
block voting concensus, and flaming subtituting for intellectual discourse.
Clearly the article content suffers, and the time when someone could
legitamately cite the wikipedia as a reference source is not within sight.
Goodbye for now, and God bless.
Sam Spade (JackLynch)