[WikiEN-l] Re: Alexander Lukashenko

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 20:22:45 UTC 2004

Anthere a écrit:
> Could someone have a look at the conflict over Alexander Lukashenko,
> between Adam Carr and 172. And give their opinion ?
> I hardly dare to say it, but I reverted to a version that is anterior to
> december 2003, to insure it was "somehow" stable.

Actually, I wrote this message initially to ask if some people could
have a look at the issue generating the conflict, but saw no effect
whatsoever.
I also listed it on [[request for comment]], where it had no result either.

Sort of an experiment. Which lend me to think the step 2 of
Wikipedia:Conflict resolution is not very likely to lead to success.

I also think that involving other people in troubled waters, is perhaps
asking for more troubles than not.

Perhaps, rather than public calling for help (at the risk of attracting
people willing to bring trouble), discreetly asking for help to specific
people (known for their ability to handle conflict for example)  is more
likely to be beneficial.

In short, I am not convinced by step 2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ARequests_for_comment

Can the one who suggested it give his opinion perhaps ?

------

Incidentally, I suggested to the disputants to agree upon a temporary
version for the blocked page. I thought agreeing on this single point,
could be a first step to a more global agreement on the other points.

I am glad to say 172 agreed to Adam Carr version for a temporary one.