[WikiEN-l] Arbitration progress report #4

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Feb 2 15:14:26 UTC 2004

Fred suggested:

> One idea I have is a ban for one day for each time the perp uses the
> words "stupid", "trash" and "crap" to describe another's edit. This
> could add up to a year or two for some of these folks.

I like the idea of short "time-out" bans. I suggested this a couple of
years ago. Also, it seemed to work fairly well the time Erik M.
(Eloquence) "banned" RK for just under 24 hours last year.

My experience is that time-outs work better than total bans. A ban is
like death or torture: it satisfies one party's desire for revenge, but
at a terrible cost (hint: think of how the other party feels, waking up
dead or maimed...)

Kindly Ol' Uncle Ed