[WikiEN-l] Alexander Lukashenko

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 19:31:37 UTC 2004

From: "Sascha Noyes" <sascha at pantropy.net>
> On Sunday 01 February 2004 01:33 pm, Anthere wrote:
> > Could someone have a look at the conflict over Alexander Lukashenko,
> > between Adam Carr and 172. And give their opinion ?
> > I hardly dare to say it, but I reverted to a version that is anterior to
> > december 2003, to insure it was "somehow" stable.
>
> Does it matter _that much_ which version a page is protected on? I'd argue
> that it matters less than breaking rule # 2 of the page protection policy.

I tend to agree with Sascha Ant, the reality is that there is a lot of
propaganda
about Lukashenko floating around. He is a dictator, he did expell OSCE
representatives but there are a lot of people in Belarus and elsewhere
who might agree with other versions of "reality" and see him as a mostly
benevolent force. To write a really good article about this guy requires a
lot
of reserach and most of the versions of the article that I have seen are
pretty poor.
Better to leave the old version for now and deal with the disputes as it
will
likely take a while to resolve the issues between these contributors and
separate fact from fiction and propaganda which is coming from several
different
sources.

Alex756