[WikiEN-l] Arbitration progress report #4

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 18:52:35 UTC 2004

We've provisionally agreed on what rules will goven arbitration - IE, what people will
be found guilty and innocent of:

----
The arbitrators will judge cases according to the following guidelines, which they will
apply with common sense and discretion, and an eye to the expectations of the
community:
1) Established Wikipedia customs and common practices
2) Wikipedia's "laws": terms of use, submission standards, byelaws, general
disclaimer, copyright license.
3) Sensible "Real world" laws

Former decisions will not be binding on the arbitrators - rather, they intend to learn
from experience.
-----

We've also decided to tweak the Jurisdiction rules based on your feedback, so that
number four is now: "The arbitrators will primarily investigate interpersonal disputes"

Next up, we discuss which solutions we shall apply. I favour putting troublesome
people in a dungeon and torturing them, but there you are.

-Martin