[WikiEN-l] Questions about recusal

James Rosenzweig jwrosenzweig at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 22:38:37 UTC 2004

I just wanted to note here that I have raised a couple
of serious questions at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Arbitration_policy#Reasons
for recusal

I have two key questions for the community, the
arbitrators, and Jimbo if he would like to comment --
what do we feel are legitimate grounds for recusal as
an arbitrator, and what may a user legitimately demand
to know about an arbitrator when the user is
considering asking them to recuse?  While they stem
from an actual comment made recently at WP:RfAr, I'm
interested in the more general principles we're
operating under.  Please do leave comments at the page
I've indicated rather than the maiilng list (I don't
want to add more conversations than I have to), and
forgive me if it was unwise to announce here a
conversation which is perhaps unimportant to most of
you.

My best wishes to you all this holiday season (and to
those of you celebrating them, my warmest Chanukah and
Christmas greetings),

James R.
en:User:Jwrosenzweig