[WikiEN-l] Misunderstanding NPOV

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 15 08:41:45 UTC 2004

Shane King wrote

> Charles Matthews wrote:
> > See [[appeal to authority]].  It's not always a fallacy.  I see that the
> > "Five conditions for a legitimate argument from authority" now number
_six_.

> And interestingly enough, that very point refutes this as a legitimate
> appeal to authority: "The argument must be valid in its own right i.e.
> without needing to appeal to authority at all."

Hah!  You are trying to win an argument by appealing to the authority of
Wikipedia, with something inserted a few days ago which doesn't look very
reliable to me (author can't do "its" and "it's", bad sign, as well as this
being point six out of five).  I hope at least it wasn't inserted by you.

Charles