[WikiEN-l] A need to maintain credibility

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Dec 9 21:53:53 UTC 2004

Robert wrote:
> I totally agree with Jay's point. Wikipedia will
> immediately lose any credibility it has if it becomes a
> massive repository of crank views, which it will be if
> people strictly follow the letter of the NPOV policy as
> currently written.

Let me repeat again: this is a terrible misinterpretation of the
policy as it is currently written.

If there needs to be a clarification somehow, then there needs to be a
clarification.  But I find it all quite clear as it is.

--Jimbo

--
"La nèfle est un fruit." - first words of 50,000th article on fr.wikipedia.org