[WikiEN-l] Re: How to destroy the good morning I had...

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Dec 3 10:49:30 UTC 2004

> >http://www.cornellsun.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/12/02/41ae87066c10f

I say with a fair degree of certainty that I have personally met more
wikipedians than any other person.

And I have yet to meet people who fit the descriptions he gives in the
article.  Wikipedians are really smart people typically, but also very
friendly and outgoing.  Because of the essentially social nature of
how we work together, success in the wikipedia community depends on
having good social skills as well as having intelligence

(Of course I suppose the more shy among us may tend to avoid the
meetups.  People can be socially skillful online, but still shy about
coming out to meet people.  For those who feel this way, I recommend
to try it sometime, you'll find out that you like them as much in
person as you do online. :-))

--Jimbo