[WikiEN-l] Re: How to destroy the good morning I had...

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Dec 2 23:32:09 UTC 2004

Tim Starling wrote:

> Mathias Schindler wrote:
>
>> http://www.cornellsun.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/12/02/41ae87066c10f
>>
>> "I never fully understood the sheer awfulness of the human condition
>> until last Tuesday. In the course of a debate about mammalian
>> intelligence, my friend Harlan and I discovered an online
>> encyclopedia called Wikipedia.org, a depressingly successful effort
>> to harness the elusive Power of Loser."
>
> That's brilliant, it's a little insight into the mind of a vandal.
> He's  calling us all losers for trying to construct something of
> value. He attacks the site just out of revulsion for the effort we put
> in. I guess if we want to be more than "barely-sapient", we should
> discard our geekish ways and go play football.

The expression "depressingly successful" suggests a tinge of jealousy.

Later in the article he states: "The only drawback is that the content
is just a tad skewed toward entries about hentai, Magic cards and KFC."
Many a chicken found out only too late about the intentions of their
friend Harlan from KFC.

Maybe he should learn Australian rules football, or at least rugby
rather than that tame American excuse for football.

Ec