[WikiEN-l] Re: How to destroy the good morning I had...

Tim Starling t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Dec 2 14:53:33 UTC 2004

Mathias Schindler wrote:
> http://www.cornellsun.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/12/02/41ae87066c10f
>
> "I never fully understood the sheer awfulness of the human condition
> until last Tuesday. In the course of a debate about mammalian
> intelligence, my friend Harlan and I discovered an online encyclopedia
> called Wikipedia.org, a depressingly successful effort to harness the
> elusive Power of Loser."

That's brilliant, it's a little insight into the mind of a vandal. He's
  calling us all losers for trying to construct something of value. He
attacks the site just out of revulsion for the effort we put in. I guess
if we want to be more than "barely-sapient", we should discard our
geekish ways and go play football.

-- Tim Starling