[WikiEN-l] [[Fallujah]]

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Apr 30 15:47:49 UTC 2004

Sorry about the "associated the Marines" thing. I may have provoked this
by taking OUT language tending to endorse the view of Bush opponents
that US troops committed atrocities in Fallujah.

Anti-US activists said Americans "opened fire" on unarmed civilians. Two
US colonels said, no, we "shot back" and it's a real shame if any
unarmed Iraqi demonstrators were hit in the crossfire betweend armed
insurgents and occupation forces.

(Wasn't there a movie called Rules of Engagment with a plot EXACTLY like
this? Who says no one watches American movies overseas?)

Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed