[WikiEN-l] Re: My reply to Michael Snow's personal feeling re: Wikipedia

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 27 01:57:30 UTC 2004

Mr Paul Vogel wrote:

>Michael Snow doesn't seem to think it "bad" when
>either he and his "ilk" direct numerous and FALSE
>offensive statements at other Wikipedians, though,
>does he?

If I have made any, let alone numerous, false or offensive statements
directed at other Wikipedians, I hope somebody will let me know, so that
I can do what is possible to correct my mistake. But I can accept no
responsibility for my ilk; it will have to account for itself.

My only other comment is to clarify what Mr. Paul Vogel apparently did
not understand in my previous post. I am not suggesting that we
sacrifice the NPOV policy. That is and should remain, quoting Jimbo,
"absolute and non-negotiable". Rather, I meant that just because
somebody contributes a particular point of view to the discussion, that
should not immunize them from the consequences of their behavior. We can
get that same point of view from other sources, if necessary, and still
achieve NPOV.

--Michael Snow