[WikiEN-l] My reply to Michael Snow's personal feeling re: Wikipedia

Mr Paul Vogel bannedneedle at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 15:17:42 UTC 2004

Mr Paul Vogel wrote:

>Indeed.
>Do NOT throw out the good with the bad, as I do
>actually suspect has really happened here and as
often
>as NOT, David.

"My personal feeling about Wikipedia is that sometimes
it is necessary to
"throw out the good with the bad." The "good", in this
instance, I see
as the contribution of alternative points of view that
when appropriately presented bring our encyclopedia
closer to NPOV."

So Michael feels that "sometimes it is necessary to"
throw out maintaining the NPOV with alternative pov's?

When it does "suit" his or his ilk's own POV?????

"The "bad", in contrast, is having someone direct
numerous offensive statements at other Wikipedians."

Michael Snow doesn't seem to think it "bad" when
either he and his "ilk" direct numerous and FALSE
offensive statements at other Wikipedians, though,
does he? That is a "double-standard" that other
Wikipedians might not appreciate, as I most certainly
do NOT!

"I am not going to weigh the good and bad brought to
Wikipedia by Mr. Paul Vogel. That is for the
arbitration committee to do."

Indeed, and I will review with the same arbitration
committee the good and bad brought to Wikipedia by NOT
walking the TALK of maintaining the Wiki NPOV and of
NOT enforcing Wiki Policies fairly and without such
pov DOUBLE-STANDARDS, Michael.

"But there is no reason to be ashamed of throwing out
the good with the bad, if the bad
is more than we can tolerate."

When you in your pov can't tolerate the NPOV, that is?
There is plenty to be "ashamed of" and if you or your
own "ilk" or "group" just can't maintain any Wiki NPOV
here and if one can't they should be the ones to
actually "leave", or be blocked, banned, or censored
from this Wiki Encyclopedia Project.

"There are other sources of the same good
(with the double meaning of "good" as in commodity),
and we can get it without having to poison our
community."

The NPOV is NOT any commodity, anymore than the TRUTH
is a commodity.

How does maintaining the NPOV ever "poison" any
"community", unless of course, your idea of
"community" is based only and solely upon falsehood,
upon lying hypocrisy, upon pov bigotry, and upon pov
censorship of any alternative and therefore NPOV's?

Paul Vogel
http://www.cosmotheism.net