[WikiEN-l] "The free, accessible and gratuitous encyclopedia."

Daniel P.B.Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Mon Apr 19 23:00:40 UTC 2004

In an attempt to see whether I could ask the folks at the
Spanish-language Wikipedia for help with the English-Wikipedia article
on "La Borinqueña," I went to http://babelfish.altavista.com and asked
it to translate the Web page http://es.wikipedia.org from Spanish to
English.

Lo, and behold...

"Welcome to Wikipedia, the free, accessible and gratuitous
encyclopedia."

Trying the same thing on fr.wikipedia.org yields "Welcome on Wikipédia,
a project of free encyclopaedia," which is OK... but I like the part
that says "Read the instructions, the FAQ or made tests in the sand
vat."

--
Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net alternate:
dpbsmith at alum.mit.edu