[WikiEN-l] Re: Use of noncommercial-only images

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 04:14:57 UTC 2004

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Perhaps we could ask the wikitech-l list to add a field for "Source:",
>and the text there could say "Source (required!):".
>
>Let's start irritating the developers.  :-)

As a non-wikitech subscriber myself, someone else might want to let the
developers know. Although I believe at least one or two developers have
taken notice of the discussion here.

>My primary concern is not to offend and annoy the many good people who
>have made perfectly valid contributions to date, and whose failure to
>give proper source attribution is not *their* fault, but rather mine,
>for not seeing to it that they were properly guided all along.

Agreed, not that I care to blame anyone at all for this problem. I'm
more interested in getting a fix implemented, because it makes little
sense to start a clean-up project if the same kind of mess is still
being created.

--Michael Snow