[WikiEN-l] Re: how to keep me from edit warring as much

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sat Apr 3 22:35:55 UTC 2004

A [name omitted for privacy reasons] wrote:

> One really good way to keep me from so much reverting
> (note, my reverts are always reverts of reverts -- I
> don't delete other people's test (I NPOV it instead);
> however, when people delete my text I do tend to
> revert their revert)

Then why do you do that? If you are aware that your reverts are likely
to cause wars, why do you do them? Why not instead leave a note on a
talk page, or perhaps the User's talk page, or perhaps just accept their
revert (maybe it was the right thing to do after all)? How about hoping
for others to reinstate your edit if it was good rather than assuming
that if you don't fight for the Good And True, nobody will? Sorry if
that sounded a bit polemic, but I'm trying to make a point.

Timwi