[WikiEN-l] how to keep me from edit warring as much

A A
Fri Apr 2 22:51:59 UTC 2004

One really good way to keep me from so much reverting
(note, my reverts are always reverts of reverts -- I
don't delete other people's test (I NPOV it instead);
however, when people delete my text I do tend to
revert their revert)

But, a good way to slow my reverting down, is to give
me a second watchlist.

I use one watchlist so I can keep an idea of whats
going on with articles I have edited (so that I can
revert people who revert me); if I had a second
watchlist, then I could deliberately watch articles at
which someone was reverting me -- this would allow me
to not have to worry about forgetting that so-and-so
deleted my text.

If I didn't have to worry about the deleting being
forgotten, then I might be more willing to wait a day
or two and see if the reverter gets around to
explaining themselves.

I also think it should become a rule that whenever
someone deletes a chunk of text, that they include
some sort of notification in the edit summary.