[WikiEN-l] Mascot (re)vote

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 23:32:45 UTC 2003

I propose that we have a mascot vote similar to the
logo vote, possibly (but not necessarily) starting
over. The current mascot frontrunner (the centepede)
was voted over the course of six months, but not many
people have voted for any of the mascots the mascots
(at least compared to the logo vote). Many people
voted before the Miwiki project was started and didn't
see how well it would turn out.

We don't need to start all over for the mascots, we
just need to publicize it more to get more entries
and, more importantly, more votes. When voting on
variants for the elected logo, it seems that Mav
vetoed all miwiki variants because the centepede is
winning by 3 votes (or was it for some other reason?).
I don't think that's enough of a margin. I think that
the mascot should be on the logo some way or another.
I think to get more people to vote on the mascot, all
we need to do is publicize it on the main page and set
a deadline. If you don't want a mascot, that's fine,
but then we need to say that we don't want a mascot
and not have this ongoing vote.
LDan