[WikiEN-l] Re: articles about Serbian history

Mirko Thiessen mt at mirko-thiessen.de
Fri Sep 26 06:47:15 UTC 2003

Geoff Burling wrote:

> Or, to put it another way, is deleting external links that one doesn't
> like similar to deleting material in the Talk: pages one doesn't like?

No, deleting external links should be legitimate, if the linked website
contains propaganda or garbage.

Some editors of the Balkan articles have perfected a way of feignedly
sticking to NPOV, but effectively breaking it: they write a very short
article, and then add "Further information can be found here", pointing to
a biased page. There was even a page (which I currently cannot find
again), where the external links were spread all over the text; that's
about how it looked:

"When the Serbian army [1] entered Bosnia [2], resistance was high [3]..."

Every [x] was linking to a one-sided website. We should carefully watch,
what kind of external links is added to this sort of pages, where a
violation of NPOV is likely to come.

However, when I find time, I will have a look at all these Serbia pages
and try to rewrite them, so that we can get rid of these freesrpska.org
links.

Mirko.