[WikiEN-l] Islamism - no parallel encyclopedia within Wikipedia

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 15:51:49 UTC 2003

Anthere writes:
> can't help but take with a grain of salt the issue
> you raise above, with the fact you listed
> [[Militant Islam]] for deletion just after RK redirected
> it with justifications which were not convincing.

That's nonsense. The reasons stated were not only
convincing, they always have been STANDARD WIKIPEDIA
POLICY.

It is a clear violation of Wikipedia NPOV and naming policy
to make an exact copy of an article we already have,
retitle it, and then edit it to push your own political and
religious views.  People may not create their own private
encyclopedias within Wikipedia which bypass our normal peer
review process.

If someone doesn't like the article on [[Flowers]], or on
[[History]] or on [[Islamism]], they are welcome to work
with others in editing it and improving it. But they may
not copy this article, and make their own POV version of
it, and set up their private enyclopedia within Wikipedia.

This is hardly "not convincing".  This is the standard
Wikipedia policy that all of us have always followed from
the beginning. If people like EntmootsOfTrolls find
themselves unable to follow our NPOV policy, and unable to
work with others in reaching a consensus, then they should
stay away from those articles altogether.

Robert (RK)