[WikiEN-l] User Kwantus

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 7 22:59:02 UTC 2003

Jim wrote
>This sort of project is bound to attract semi-autists with no social
>skills.
>Nevertheless, I don't think it's acceptable to pass the editing on to
>others
>because you can't be bothered to do it yourself.

I agree. It is unfair to dump the responsibility for turning your articles
into something encyclopædic onto others.  This is an encyclopædia after all,
and encyclopædias so tend to think that using sentences matter. Indeed
irrespective of how brilliant an article a sentence-free article would be
binned in every other encyclopædia. People come on to wiki to contribute and
are happy to improve an article. But they aren't on wiki to clean up a mess
left by someone who is too lazy to fill even the most elementary requirement
when it comes to writing an article.

JT