[WikiEN-l] misc

martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 23:38:36 UTC 2003

Tarquin> We should probably put the following somewhere on a reference page
somewhere.

For undeletion, see [[wikipedia:votes for undeletion]], as pointed out by Anthere,
which already documents Allan Crossman's method (except it uses "%s", not
"PAGENAME"). Also, trying imagining an infuriated gnome hitting you over the head
with a big book while screaming "R T F M, DAMMIT!".

That said, if someone could add something on undoing moves to [[wikipedia:move]],
that'd be great. I'd copy Delirium's post, but for some godforsaken reason WikiEn-l
isn't GFDL'd.

Tim Starling> "it's currently not really clear what a banned user is meant to do to get
unbanned"

All sysops who perform IP blocks should include clear contact details on their user
page, allowing a blocked user to discuss the matter, and request unblocking. This is
particularly important when blocking dynamic IPs. Also, blocking sysops should know
how to unblock IPs as well.

Screw that, let's make contact details compulsorary for being a sysop. It'll spread out
liability when we all get sued for aiding and abetting Jimbo's world takeover.

Anthere> Perhaps it would be better that anyone practicing
deletion, knew how to practice undeletion as well

A splendid idea. I'll add something to [[wikipedia:deletion policy]]. I'd say "unless
there are any objections", but I haven't been flamed for being unilateral for a little
while, and I kinda miss it. :-)

Also, since Brion is posting helpful meatball links:
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?CriticismIsFeedback

Which would be an excellent approach to reading [[user:Kat]], now she's left.

wikikarma: [[irreducible complexity]] (well, I like it)
-Martin "MyRedDice" Harper