[WikiEN-l] Re: Undeletions

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 03:53:46 UTC 2003

Daniel Mayer wrote:
> Erik wrote:

>>Can we disable this by default and make it
>>a preference? Otherwise people will probably
>>start restoring junk revisions just to get rid of
>>the messages.
>

> I agree. Please make this a user preference for sysop accounts with the
> default set to no.

I agree with Erik that it looks too much like the "you have new message"
notification. But it's certainly a useful feature and I think it would
be a pity to force people disable it for aesthetic reasons. I think if
it was not bold, it would blend in to the other top links and you'd
barely notice it unless you were looking for it. Plus it would look like
"delete this page" and "protect this page", so it would be reasonably
consistent also.

-- Tim Starling.