[WikiEN-l] A few different topics

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Mon Sep 1 02:41:08 UTC 2003

At 06:11 PM 8/31/2003, you wrote:
>We don't yet have a deletion/sysop event log table. If you'd like to whip
>one up before I get to it, it would happen sooner rather than later.
>
>-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

C'mon, Brion, you slacker! Get to it! What the heck are we paying you for,
anyway? ;)

I would suggest an auto-expiration of IP blocks at one week. This will most
likely be long enough to discourage people from repeat vandalism without
unduly affecting those poor souls who share dynamic IPs with vandals.

On another note, could someone (sorry Brion) please make it easier to IP
block? Unless I'm missing something obvious, as it stands right now I have
to muck through the Recent Changes until I find an edit by a given IP
before I can block them. It would be extraordinarily useful to have a
Special:Block_this_IP page where one could manually enter in an IP to have
it blocked. At the very least, an option to block could be a link on an
IP-users contribution page or something.

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321