[WikiEN-l] Votes for Deletion

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed Nov 26 16:57:44 UTC 2003

The Cunctator wrote in part:

>Delirium wrote:

>>The Cunctator wrote:

>>>In the same way that we trust users to delete pages that should
>>>*obviously* be deleted, we should trust users to remove pages from VfD
>>>that should *obviously* not be deleted. Entries that have been edited so
>>>that there is no doubt that they should be deleted should be able to be
>>>removed immediately from the VfD page.

>>What's wrong with just leaving it on the page for 5 days and letting it
>>get removed if it's the case that there's little to no support for
>>deletion?

>What's wrong with putting up every page that should obviously be deleted
>on the Votes for Deletion page for 5 days?

All right, let's Cunc and Delirium make a deal:

Cunc will retain on VfD pages that should *obviously* not be deleted,
and Delirium will list on VfD pages that should *obviously* be deleted.
Minimum 5 days. ^_^

-- Toby

PS:  I'm not keeping up with Wikipedia very well these days -- very busy.
     Hopefully nobody has written anything recently on the mailing lists
     that I need to respond to; but you can mail me personally if you have.