[WikiEN-l] Votes for Deletion

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Nov 26 07:29:43 UTC 2003

Cunc-
> All right, Votes for Deletion is broken. There's something seriously,
> deliriously wrong when [[Gene Ray]] is listed on Votes for Deletion.

Pages can only be deleted in consensus, so I doubt there's a real risk
that articles like [[Gene Ray]] or [[Realdoll]] will be deleted.
I'm not completely opposed to delisting a page, but it's a matter of good
judgment. If one or several regulars have voted for deletion, or if a
newbie has done so and given a long explanation why he feels that way, you
should honor these opinions and let the process do its magic.

On the other hand, if it's just some newbies who haven't read our policies
feeling offended by a certain article and voting to delete, you might
unlist the page right away, but it would be nice to leave a message on
their talk page and explain why you did it.

Regards,

Erik